8 dotBARs per box
Finally a high protein low sugar bar that tastes great!
This bar delivers 30g of protein, 5g of fiber and 5g of sugar in just 370 delicious calories.
Use this bar for:
- High protein meal replacement
- High protein meal supplement
- Pre-workout supplement
- People on fewer calories may consume half before training
- Post-workout supplement
- People on fewer calories may consume half after training
- High protein desert/snack
Fun facts about protein and dieting:
Did you know that protein helps satisfy hunger? Here are some reasons why:
- Protein modulates the activity of MU-opioid receptors (MORs) - same as morphine – and that this signal goes to brain to tell the intestines to release glucose then the glucose suppresses appetite
- Protein satiety mechanisms: 1) Amino Acid circulation; 2) postprandial thermogenesis; 3) intestinal gluconeogenesis
- Thermic effect of protein is the greatest of all macronutrients (more so than carbohydrates and fats)
All other things equal on a diet:
Body weight loss with normal protein, moderate energy restricted diet is 60-75% fat, whereas on a high protein, moderate energy restricted diet, body weight loss can approach 90-100% fat!
Why dotFIT Bars:
dotBARs are perfect for people “on the go” when whole food is not available or convenient. These nutrient-rich meal substitutes provide instant portion control, can help manage appetite and accelerate weight loss. dotBARs are handmade and baked with high quality ingredients. They are high in protein with low cholesterol and a good source of calcium. Perfect for a guiltless dessert or an anytime meal replacement and don't forget they are microwaveable!
This product meets the NCAA guidelines for college athletes. For more complete product information read the product brief.
Meal Replacements & Weight Loss
Figure 1: In all six studies groups using meal replacements (PMR) as part of their overall calorie intake lost significantly more weight than subjects using reduced calorie diets (RCD) alone.
Reference: Heymsfield SB, van Mierlo CA, van der Knaap HC, Heo M, Frier HI. Weight management using a meal replacement strategy: meta and pooling analysis from six studies. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2003 May;27(5):537-49.
Warm Weather Advisory: Iced or Chocolate-coated Nutrition Bars & Softgel Dietary Supplements
We do our best to ensure that you receive your items in good condition. However, we can't control the hot weather! Here are handling tips for products and food items during the summer months:
- Choose expedited shipping to your daytime location.
- Do not store items in your car.
- Store food, chocolate, or softgel products in a cool place or take them with you.
- Place items in a cooled environment for at least 2 hours before opening.